AYSO National Course – Postponed Until 2021
The newly-designed AYSO National Course represents a current and comprehensive collection of coaching, instruction and mentoring methodology from across the soccer globe.
About the National Course
From the science of periodization to age-appropriate session design and delivery, from goalkeeper certification to self-reflection this course is designed to inspire leadership and advocacy of the AYSO Coaching Program. Designed to educate and inspire candidates to deliver the best possible AYSO program by giving back to their home environment (S/A/R), the course sets the highest standards of education and development within AYSO.
The course will be led by AYSO Director of Sport and Development Scott Snyder and AYSO Technical Director Paul Bright, and directed by experienced National Course Instructors Robert Benavidez and Jeff McClure.
Chapman University, Orange CA
July 9-12th – $499
10 hours pre and post-course work, 40 hours in-person (10-12 hours field, 28-30 hours classroom)
Postponed until 2021.
For more information,
please contact ScottSnyder@AYSO.org
- Candidate must receive a written recommendation from their Section Coach Administrator.
- Candidates should have completed the current version of the AYSO Advanced Coaching Course (post March 2018) and hold a current coaching position within AYSO.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5-years AYSO coaching experience.
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to continued learning, i.e. EXPO attendance, instructor certification, additional licensing, etc.
- Qualified AYSO Instructor (any discipline).
- Has practical experience teaching or instructing courses (or other).
- Is motivated to become an AYSO Instructor.
- Willing to instruct at AYSO EXPOs as needed.
- Understands and navigates AYSOU to maximize efficiency, including rosters, certificates, etc.
- Mentors coaches within Region/Area.
- Support SCA’s to communicate AYSO coaching methodologies and resources.
- Promotes the AYSO Coaching Program and AYSO Education Philosophy.
- Connects and builds rapport with each student or volunteer.
- Identifies development stage of student or volunteer.
- Guides student through the course and stimulates personal development planning.
Registration for 2021 TBD