90-Second Marketing Plans
Register Now (New)
The Who - What - Where - Why - When - How of Your Marketing Plan
- People (your target customer):
Young moms living within easy drive-time (10-15 minutes) from your fields with young children that are new to AYSO. 90% of new AYSO players are 4, 5, 6 and 7 year olds. Research shows that young moms tend to be the decision maker for the activities their young children participate in. If you have time and resources, extend further. But make sure that you've reached every young mom within easy drive time of your fields!
- Product (it's more than playing soccer):
The right place for your child to learn soccer (plus experience life lessons, get physical activity and have fun!)
- Place (where do they find your program?):
At a convenient local soccer field.
- Price (it makes a big difference!):
- Promotion (this includes advertising and other ways to communicate and influence.)
Here are sample ideas. You may have different or better ones...try any or all!
- Distribute any of the "Register Now" template fliers through local elementary schools. However, many schools no longer allow flyers. So extend your distribution to day care centers, department and discount stores, Gymboree, toy stores, supermarkets, Starbucks, fast food restaurants and other locations and business where young moms spend time. Have them sent home with the kids and/or leave a pile near the entrance. Always ask permission. Plan to remove them after the registration date is over.
- Advertise in local parenting publications. Use any of the Register Now ad templates. Also speak with whoever sells you the ad about getting a story in on registration dates and locations.
- Advertise in community newspapers, local shoppers, elementary school publications (to parents) and other low-cost local media. Again, speak with them about getting a story in on your registration dates and locations.
- Send out a short announcement with information on registration to all local community newspapers, shoppers, etc. Call and find out who to send it to and how they like to receive it (via email, by regular mail, fax, hand delivered) and follow their instructions. Don't forget to list in local community calendar and listing sections.
- Registration yard signs. Put them on the lawns of all the Region Board members and any other willing volunteer or parent (send out an email to your list asking them to reply if they're willing to have it on their lawn for the two weeks prior to registration events.) Other children live on that block, too!
- Registration banners on fencing. Around schools, parks, shopping areas, churches and other locations where moms may see them (always ask permission first!)
- Make sure your Region website is current. Update registration dates, locations, ages, cost, etc. right on the homepage. Young moms research, connect and communicate online. Make sure your Region website address is on EVERY flyer, ad, poster or other registration information item. They'll want to go to your website for more details. And that reduces calls and emails to you!
Want more ideas? View our other 90-Second Marketing Plans!