Using eSign at Registration Events
If your Region uses eSign and holds in-person registration events, keep in mind that eSign does not mean paperless. It can be used to reduce paper, but its biggest benefit is in electronic storage, search and retrieval of signed forms.
Using eSign does not mean a Region cannot have a registration event and it is still a good practice to ask parents to bring in a copy of the eSigned registration form.
This is important because it allows your Region to:
1. Confirm the birth date for new players – most Regions require date of birth proof for new players.
2. Confirm the eSign process was completed. Look for the eSignature confirmation on page 2. If it isn't there, ask the parent or volunteer to log back into eAYSO and complete the eSignature.
3. Provide a copy of the eSigned Player Registration Form to the coach for Emergency Treatment Authorization. Coaches are required to have a signed or eSigned copy of the Player Registration Form for each player at all times.
4. Saves the Region from having to print off all of the forms for coaches.
This event it is also an opportunity to:
• Recruit volunteers
• Brand AYSO in the minds of new parents
• Introduce Regional Board Members so parents can put a face to a name/position.
• Create a great first impression of what the AYSO program will be in their community.
If you are collecting registration payments at the in-person registration event, be sure to use the Registration Reconciliation Form
to reconcile the monies taken in.
In the "Total Player Registration Form" box, use the number of eSign forms plus any hand-signed forms you've collected. Work with your Treasurers to make sure fees, cash and other payments are appropriately recorded and balanced.
If you have any eSign questions, contact us.