Plan a Spring Tournament in 6 Easy Steps
If your Region is planning on holding a tournament this spring, now is the time to start preparing.
Tournaments require a lot of planning - use the following list to get your Region off to a head start this fall:
1. Organize a tournament committee and hold an initial meeting.
2. Finalize the tournament dates.
3. Decide the tournament format: short sided games, age/gender brackets and length of games.
4. Fully complete the tournament application process - check with your STA for guidance (the tournament application and forms are listed on AYSO.org here).
5. Once your tournament application process has been completed and approved, start planning your advertising strategy for the tournament.
6. Create a timeline of tasks to be completed and go over it with your board. Use the tournament guidelines/paperwork to assist you with setting deadline dates.